Forum

Welcome to the 'I Just Wanna Tek Gud Photos' Forum!

Thanks to a little thing called Facebook, not as many folks stop by the forum these days.

If you want a quick answer we suggest asking on our Facebook group instead.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hi There

Hi There 3 years 2 months ago #1

Not posted on here before and just thought I should say hello. I like taking photos of anything and everything could anybody recommend any lenses, I have a Nikon D5300
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi There 3 years 2 months ago #2

• darnowl
  • Active Tekker
  • Thank you received: 7
Welcome aboard Tom, i,m a canon user myself , but you never go far wrong with a 50mm f1.8 in the bag.

Hi There 3 years 2 months ago #3

• rpsmith79
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 89
Hi and welcome

To answer your question we need to know a few things first

What lenses do you have now?
What is it about your current lenses you don't like? need more reach? need wider angle? need faster aperture? lack of IQ (image quality)? ect
What do you shoot, or what do you want to shoot that your current lenses don't allow you to do?
And more importantly, what is your budget?

It's impossible to suggest "a lens" without at least knowing a few of the above things

Hi There 3 years 2 months ago #4

I have a 18-55mm lens at the moment and I am wanting another to shoot items that are further away so they are close shots.

I shoot anything that takes my fancy but I do photograph shows for a friend's dance studio and my budget is around £100-£150

Hi There 3 years 2 months ago #5

• rpsmith79
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 89
Not really a focal length i have ever needed, i shoot mostly at the wide end 12-50mm and then for wildlife at the long end 300mm +

But I can highly recommend Sigma and Tamron lenses, i have one of each at the moment, but they both offer lenses in the range of 18-200mm which might be of use to you, i have never tried any of these lenses so could comment on the IQ, but i have never been disappointed with either my Tammy of Sigma lenses
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by rpsmith79.